Bruny Island Foods, Sightseeing and Lighthouse Tour ~ Includes Lunch, Tastings and Morning Snack
Bruny Island Safaris Fully Guided Day Tour offering a premium in-depth experience – departs Hobart daily.
Rich in history and stories
Dress warm, it can cool off when walking the Cape Bruny Lighthouse balcony.
A spectacular tour with nature, wilderness, coast, and heritage on Bruny Island, joining the car ferry in Kettering and crossing the D’Entrecasteaux Channel. A perfect opportunity to see Australian Fur Seals and Little Blue Penguins that forage for food in the clear waters of the channel, keep your cameras handy, or let our guides take your photo for you.
Skirt through the Mount Mangana rainforests searching for the wild White Wallaby, try the Tasmanian Pepper Bush, and stand alongside some of the tallest Tree Ferns on Bruny Island. Explore the narrow sandy isthmus known as The Neck Lookout and Wildlife Reserve and climb the steps to the Truganini Lookout and Rookery, Bruny Islands’ most photographed geological formation. Then onwards to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Station and join Australia’s southernmost Lighthouse Tour which is included in the price of your day tour to Bruny Island. With any number of photographic possibilities at every point of the compass.
For our morning snack, enjoy Bruny Island Cheese & Bruny Island Oysters picnic-style, with fresh wood-oven bread on one of the pristine white beaches. You will also have the option to visit the Bruny Island Cheese Company and Get Shucked Oysters on the return journey later in the day. If you buy any items we can keep them cool in our iceboxes that are on all of our touring vehicles.
Along the way, we stop at many of the Bruny Island food producers, lookouts, and sweeping beaches with ample time for short walks or a paddle in the cool ocean waters of the Tasman Sea for those that are brave. For lunch, choose from an extensive menu of locally caught fresh fish, succulent local lamb, salmon, seafood chowder, or the popular seafood platter for two (Gluten-free and vegetarian options available). A collaboration of fine food with Hotel Bruny & The Bruny Island Producers, overlooking Sunset Beach.
A visit to Bruny Island wouldn’t be complete without visiting Tasmania’s newest Whisky Distillery Hounds Tooth Whisky. Sample the whisky and whisky fudge for a small extra fee (Not always available, please ask your guide on the day).
Bruny Island Safaris are one of Tasmania’s most dynamic food & sightseeing tour operators, employing local Bruny Islanders and Tasmanians successfully showcasing the island’s most pristine locations and food producers for nine years. We offer day tours, multi-day tours, bushwalking tours, private groups & charters, and the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tours. Achieving the Travellers Choice Award 2021 & 2022 Trip Advisor Hall of Fame award 2018 to 2021. Voted top 10 Aussie Travellers most booked experience on Trip Advisor 2019.
Your Bruny Island Tour schedule:
Departs: Hobart daily by 7:20 am (Pick-ups may commence before 7 am)
Returns: Hobart approximately 5.30 pm (can vary)
Travel from 1 April 2023 – 31 March 2024
Ticket Price:Adults $240, Infant/Child $240
Public Holidays: Adults $260 , Child/Infant $260
This is excellent value and includes the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour, sit-down lunch, morning snack, oysters, cheese, honey, fudge, and local island guides.
Our buses: Comfortable spacious 20 seat Coasters.
Children under 5 years old cannot participate in the Lighthouse Tour due to safety regulations, but are still welcome to look inside. For private tours and charters, we have the capacity to offer a luxury vehicle. Call or email us for more information.
Your Bruny Island tour includes:
- Local produce lunch at Hotel Bruny, featuring Bruny Island and Tasmanian produce overlooking Sunset Beach. Served with a smile.
- Morning snack, Bruny Island Cheese, just baked wood-oven bread and freshly shucked Bruny Island Oysters – picnic style
- Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone walk. Multi-levels for all fitness levels.
- Adventure Bay
- South Bruny National Park visit (We highly recommend buying a Tasmanian Parks Holiday Pass before coming to Tasmania)
- Walk the balcony experience – Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour. Included in your price – not available or included by any other tour operator.
- Historic Lighthouse Museum
- Chocolate and Fudge tasting – Bruny Island Chocolate have allocated our own little area for tastings. Ask about the Hounds Tooth Whisky experience (Extra cost). Just next door to the Chocolate Shop.
- Bruny Island Honey shop visit and tastings – So much honey!
- Two Tree Point and Resolution Creek. Where Captain Cook once gathered his water
- Short Walks
- Mount Mangana Rainforests and plant tasting. Routes are dependent on weather and road conditions.
- White Wallaby in the wild. No Zoos…
- Accommodation pick up and return from selected Hotels (Hobart and surrounds)
- Return ferry fares – Bruny Island Ferry
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- True local Tasmanian and Bruny Island Adventure Guides, bringing life to one of the most authentic tour experiences available.
(valid from 23 September 2023)
Beer Battered Fish ‘n’ Chips (GF option available)
Tassie caught fish in crips beer batter, with lemon, tartare sauce with thick cut chips & chef’s salad.
Braised Shoulder of Lamb (GF)
Slow roasted in Bruny Island Cider & Bruny Island honey served with seasonal vegetables
House-made with Tassie fish, smoked local Atlantic Salmon, and calamari squid.
Salt & Pepper Squid (GF option available)
Calamari Squid with lemon & tartare, served with thick cut chips & chef’s salad, mango vinaigrette.
Fish Platter (for 2) (GF option available)
Kilpatrick Oysters, Salt & Pepper Squid, grilled Tassie white fish, grilled Bruny Island Atlantic Salmon & grilled Tassie Scallops served with thick cut chips, chef’s salad and house made chimichurri (available beer battered & crumbed).
Bruny Island Mushroom Gnocchi
Handmade gnocchi, with Bruny Island mushrooms in marinara sauce with cream & shaved parmesan cheese.
Local Wallaby Gnocchi Bolognaise
House made gnocchi with slow cooked local wallaby bolognese & shaved parmesan cheese.
Hotel Bruny Chicken Parma
Marion Bay free-range chicken breast, smoked leg ham, mozzarella & cheddar cheese, house-made Napoli sauce w/chips & chef’s salad.
Vegetarian Pizza or BBQ Chicken Pizza
Napoli, cheese, red peppers, mushrooms, spinach & sweet potato. Or
BBQ Sauce, cheese, roasted chicken, bacon, onion, & baby spinach.
GF, Vegan and Vegetarian options available.