Includes Lunch, Tastings & Morning Tea on the beach
Bruny Island Safaris offers an exceptional and comprehensive fully guided day tour. Departing from Hobart, the tour takes you on a captivating journey filled with history and intriguing stories.
This extraordinary tour allows you to explore Bruny Island’s nature, wilderness, coast, and heritage. Your adventure begins by joining the car ferry in Kettering and crossing the D’Entrecasteaux Channel. Be ready with your cameras as this is a perfect opportunity to witness Australian Fur Seals and Little Blue Penguins foraging for food in the crystal-clear waters of the channel. If needed, our guides will gladly assist you in capturing memorable photos.
Next, venture through the enchanting Mount Mangana rainforests in search of the elusive White Wallaby. Our guides will pick Tasmanian Pepper Bush for you to sample while admiring Bruny Island’s majestic Tree Ferns. The tour also includes a visit to The Neck Lookout and Wildlife Reserve where you can climb up to Truganini Lookout and Penguin Rookery – one of Bruny Island’s most photographed geological formations. Afterwards, head towards Cape Bruny Lighthouse Station to join Australia’s southernmost Lighthouse Tour at no additional cost (Exclusive to Bruny Island Safaris). Throughout this journey, countless photographic opportunities await; it is advised to dress warmly as it gradually cools down towards the southern part of our route.
For morning tea, indulge in a picnic-style selection featuring Bruny Island Cheese & Bruny Island Oysters accompanied by fresh wood-oven bread on one of our pristine white beaches. On your return later in the day, there will be an opportunity (if desired) to visit both the Bruny Island Cheese Company and Get Shucked Oysters where any purchased items can be kept cool using iceboxes provided on all our touring vehicles.
Throughout this tour, we make stops at various food producers on Bruny Island as well as scenic lookouts and stunning beaches. Ample time is provided for short walks or even a refreshing paddle in the cool ocean waters of the Tasman Sea for those seeking a bit of adventure. For lunch, our extensive menu offers locally caught fresh fish, succulent local lamb, salmon, seafood chowder, and the popular seafood platter for two. We also cater to gluten-free and vegetarian preferences. This delectable meal can be enjoyed while overlooking Sunset Beach at Hotel Bruny & The Bruny Island Producers.
No visit to Bruny Island is complete without stopping by Bruny Island Chocolate and Hounds Tooth Whisky. For a small additional fee (subject to availability), you will have the chance to sample their renowned whisky and whisky fudge. Please inquire with your guide on the day if this option is available.
With eleven years of successfully showcasing the island’s pristine locations and food producers, Bruny Island Safaris stands as one of Tasmania’s most dynamic food & sightseeing tour operators. We take pride in employing local Bruny Islanders and Tasmanians to ensure an authentic experience. In recognition of our exceptional service, we have been awarded the Viators Travellers Badge of Excellence Awards 2023 and voted as one of Australia’s top 10 tours.
Your Bruny Island Tour schedule
Departs: Hobart daily by 7:20 am (Pick-ups may commence before 7 am)
Returns: Hobart approximately 5.30 pm (can vary)
Travel from 1 April 2023 – 31 March 2024
Ticket Price:Adults $240, Infant/Child $240
Public Holidays: Adults $260 , Infant/Child $260
Travel from 1 April 2024 – 31 March 2025
Ticket Price: Adults $250, Infant/Child $250
Public Holidays: Adults $270, Infant/Child $270
This is excellent value and includes the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour, sit-down lunch, morning snack, oysters, cheese, honey, fudge, and local island guides.
Our buses: Toyota Coasters
Children under 5 years old cannot participate in the Lighthouse Tour due to safety regulations but are still welcome to look inside. For private tours and charters, call or email us for more information.
Your Bruny Island tour includes:
- Lunch at Hotel Bruny, featuring Bruny Island and Tasmanian produce overlooking Sunset Beach. Served with a smile.
- Morning tea, Bruny Island Cheese, just baked wood-oven bread and freshly shucked Bruny Island Oysters – picnic style on the beach.
- Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone walk. Multi-levels for all fitness levels.
- Adventure Bay
- South Bruny National Park visit (We highly recommend buying a Tasmanian Parks Holiday Pass before coming to Tasmania)
- Walk the balcony experience – Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour. Included in your tour – not available or included by any other tour operator. (unless arranged by management)
- Historic Lighthouse Museum
- Chocolate and Fudge tasting – Bruny Island Chocolate have allocated our own little area for tastings. Ask about the Hounds Tooth Whisky experience (Extra cost). Just next door to the Chocolate Shop.
- Bruny Island Honey shop visit and tastings – So much honey!
- Two Tree Point and Resolution Creek. Where Captain Cook once gathered his water
- Short Walks
- Mount Mangana Rainforests and plant tasting. Routes are dependent on weather and road conditions.
- White Wallaby in the wild. No Zoos…
- Accommodation pickup and return from selected Hotels (Hobart and surrounds)
- Return ferry fares – Bruny Island Ferry
- Please bring your own water bottle. We also have bottled water on our buses.
- True local Tasmanian and Bruny Island Adventure Guides, bringing life to one of the most authentic tour experiences available.
Cape Bruny lighthouse
*Please note – A NATIONAL PARKS PASS is required to enter all National Parks in Tasmania. It’s not included in the price of your tour. We highly recommend purchasing a Holiday Person or Holiday Vehicle pass, valid for 3 months. Please visit Parks & Wildlife Service